Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Looking for LS1/99+ Vortec owners that want to improve MPG

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for LS1/99+ Vortec owners that want to improve MPG

With the rising prices of gas, I've decided to start working on some custom programming that focuses on improving fuel economy.

I've done some testing on my '99 A4 Camaro Z28, and I saw an averaged 3.7% reduction in fuel consumption measured by fuel injector pulsewidth, on a 5 minute drive at 25-35MPH speeds. Under specific circumstances I saw as much as a 22% reduction in injector pulsewidth. The only changes in drivability were observed at throttle positions under about 20%, under 40 MPH. Otherwise the vehicle behaves like a factory vehicle.

I believe the biggest gains can be had with gas guzzling Pickups or SUVs like Tahoes and Suburbans with automatic transmissions, and I'm looking for people that have these vehicles that would be willing to try some custom programming.

If you live in the Pacific Northwest, and have a 99-06 Gen III based vehicle (LS1 or 4800/5300/6000/8100 Vortec truck engine) with an automatic transmission, and would like to try out some of this "fuel saver" programming, I'd like to hear from you. I'd probably need to spend a couple hours with your vehicle to develop the programming, then have you drive it and report back on the fuel consumption and drivability. In return for your help, you're welcome to keep the programming and I'd offer a discount on a future tuning session you might need/want.

If this sounds interesting, please send me mail at vince@trifectaperformance.com