Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for catback to replace Borla

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suggestions for catback to replace Borla

I really can't stand the rasp/resonance that the combination of the TTS LT's and the Borla makes. I'm looking at getting another catback and would like some suggestions. I'm really looking hard at getting either the SLP 2OTL or dual/dual or possibly a Mufflex system with a Flowmaster muffler. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 04-28-2003, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Suggestions for catback to replace Borla

I would suggest <font color="red"> magnaflow <!--color--></font> , deep sound, NO drone and one of if not the highest flows out there. and IMOA, DO NOT go with the flowmaster, it does not flow as good as a stock ws6 or ss GM muffler.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:56 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Suggestions for catback to replace Borla

I was looking through some of my old mag's and I found two articles where the Random Tech Catback system was installed. On a stock LS1 it made 20 RWH and 22RWT. Its only $319 through Thunderracing. I have never heard them so I can't help you in that regard. Hooker is only $279 and I heard nothing but awesome comments on the system. Magnaflow are also a good bet but the system is $450.