Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time trying to tune with MAFT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First time trying to tune with MAFT

I have been doing lots of searching. I did some logging on the way to work this morning. Logged LTerms, O2B1S1 and B2, Knock Retard, Timing, Fuel Cell Trim, and Engine Speed.
I average all cells on O2B1S1 and B2 on Fuel Trim Cells between 4 and 16.
I come up the 526.45 on B1 and 538.04 on B2. This seems really bad considering everything I see says it should be between 920 and 960.
I am only seeing .3* knock retard on these cells. I did see up to 3* on other cells. My car seems to fall on it's face at the top of each gear.
What do these readings mean?
Oh, my mods are Hooker LT's, ORYP, stock cat back, Z06 MAF, SLP lid, Power Shot filter, home ported TB. I have the MAFT installed set to "no change".
Help! I am lost.
If it helps, My car runs 13.2 at 105MPH with a 2.1 60ft.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle
Old 04-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Default Re: First time trying to tune with MAFT

Thanks for the quick reply. So, how much should I adjust the MAFT with a reading of +10? Is there a set amount? Or, should I just adjust it one click at a time? And keep logging.
I am shooting for 0 or slightly negative LTrims, correct? When I get that I am looking for the 930-960 O2 at WOT correct?
Thanks again for your help.
Kyle
Old 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Thanks again for the quick reply. I just went through my logs from this morning. I am averaging -9.02 and -9.42. I have a 50 mile drive to and from work. I only logged about 40 miles of it. So, it looks like I'm running pretty rich. It does smell like it too. I'll turn some *****, and see what I get.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

The base setting is in 5% increments, and the WOT in 2%. I haven't looked at mine in ages, but I'd say move the base setting one more click towards neutral (twelve'o'clock). Leave the WOT at the neutral setting until your LTFT's are slightly negative, or more importantly, they go to zero at WOT (cell 22).

For WOT, it really depends on your O2's. You should really do it on a dyno with a wideband meter. If you log your O2's at the same time, you can get an idea of what AFR matches your O2 readings on your particular car. I would try to set the O2's in the 910-950 range. Better to be a bit rich than lean. I attempted to set my AFR by averaging my O2's down to .89 like some old MAFT dox stated. On the wideband my AFR was upper 14's. That could have caused some serious damage.