Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Security Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security Light

So yea, I have a security light that stays on sometimes when I try to start. I am pretty sure I want to do the resistor trick. How do I go about this? I know I need to measure the resistance in my key pellet, and buy a matching resistor. but where do I put the resistor?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know someone knows about this, I need help with this by tomorrow!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You don't get a quick response at 3:00 in the morning and you're surprised?

There are two places you can splice your resistor(s). One is a two-pin black connector under the steering column that has a purple with white wire and a white with black wire. The connector needs to be unplugged and the resistor(s) needs to inserted across the two wires on the side that goes to the BCM (away from the steering column).

The other option is to splice in the resistor(s) at the BCM itself. That would be the same two wires (purple with white and white with black) in the 32-pin blue connector. There is only one white with black wire but there are two purple with white wires - you want the one in the second position (closer to the end of the connector). The problem with doing it at the BCM is that you have to cut the wires. It's much better to do it under the column where you can just unplug the connector.