Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I then hooked up autotap to it and it said that there were no DTC wrong. Made no sense to me, then why would the light be on. the light appeared to be only half light, very dim. I can only think of 2 things that I have changed that could affect it. I couldnt even turn the ses light out with autotap

1) No rear O2 sensors hooked up (Off road pipes and set the codes to not light ses or store code)
or
2) I just turned the cat overheat temp protection to FALSE, since i dont have cats either.

I then thought i would check the rear o2 in autotap, and to my amazement i was pulling a fluctuating reading from Bank 1 and Bank 2 sensor 2 (rear 02's) as if they were still hooked up. how in the heck can i get rear o2 readings with no rear sensors even on the car?

I turned the COT back to TRUE and pulled the battery off for 15 minutes.

The light turned off and it still is off.
Anybody have any clue as to what was going on?
Old 04-29-2003, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Help

The SES ghost light came on a few weeks after installing headers sans the cats on his car. AutoTap shows NO codes tripped, but the SES lights stayed on anyway.

He got the code off as he describes above.

But WTF caused it and how to prevent it from happening again or to find out what the code might be that tripped the SES light in the first place.

Has something like this happened to anyone else????
Old 04-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Help

I also turned several codes to Type "X" in edit. These codes were for the rear 02's and Air pump. I turned these to "X" since i took out the cats (no rear o2's) and took out AIR hoses. My understanding is that TYPE X on will not illuminate the SES light or store a code. CORRECT?

If the SES comes back on, I will put the codes back to the correct action and see if a code is stored.