Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Torque Arm Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BMR Torque Arm Question

I just had a BMR Adjustable Torque Arm installed along with a Moser 12-bolt. I can hear/feel a sort of vibrating noise when I get on it (not present when just cruising lightly or coasting, and it doesn't sound like the end of the world, but it is there none-the-less), very hard to describe unfortunately, and I'm trying to find out what it could be and if I should be ok at the track tomorrow.

I was told by a friend that you have to cut the top of the BMR torque arm if you have a Moser because it will hit a back seat bolt if you don't, but I know it definitely wasn't cut. The guy who installed it (well known shop) told me it is the stock torque arms that need to be cut, not this one, but my friend insists it needs to.

If you do need to get it cut, will this be a problem I should worry about at the track tomorrow or should I be ok? Other ideas as to the noise? (sorry I didn't give much to go by)
Old 05-24-2007, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im experiencing the same noise. is yours a chassis mount torque arm? mine is
Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, mine is mounted on the tranny. My friend who told me about cutting it said that when he installed his, he would get a popping sound going around corners because the part of the torque arm that was touching that seatbelt bolt would want to slide in between the bolts (or something along those lines) and was popping in and out of that position when cornering.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The torque arm needs to be installed using the inner most set of mounting holes in the bracket. When used on the Moser 12-bolt you will need to cut off the outer most set of holes so it can be installed properly. Installing the torque arm in these holes will help position it closer to the axle and away from your floor board. You may find after installation that the arm still might lightly hit at the entrance to the transmission tunnel just take a block of wood and clearance the tunnel as needed. Problems with torque arm clearance when using an aftermarket axle a very common but not impossible to fix. If you have any other questions I can help you with please feel free to ask.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302