Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp installation question, please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp installation question, please help (drawing attached)

I am kicking around another idea for an amp and speaker installation. I have components for the doors and I am going to fabricated 6x9's in the rear. Yes it can happen. I want 360 degrees of sound not just coming from the front.
I am also keeping the stock unit as it still works and it has the 5 band eq. I know an after market hu would be better but I want to keep it stock for now.

My question now. I have a 4 channel amp for the doors and the rears. I want to keep the sail panel speakers for more mid-bass. Can I keep the sail panel speakers hooked up the stock amp and tap into the those speaker wires to run to the amp for the 6x9's? Will I loose power? Am I loosing you?
Does this make sense?

Also, I have a Kenwood powered sub that I will tap into the fronts for a signal.

Please help. I want to set up my system with good all around sound not just for competition.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Amp installation question, please help-drawing1.jpg  

Last edited by 98Birdie; 05-25-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want 360 degree sound, put a nicer set of speakers the sail panel and forget about the rear speakers. You are wasting your time dealing with those.

If yuou want to fabricate something, fab up a way to mount a component set in the sail panel location. That would be even better.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Everyone says not to worry about speakers in the rear but what I have back there sounds good. I thought having speakers in all the holes would give it a nice full sound all the way around.

I have Polk DB series 6.5" components and 6x9's, Pioneer 6.5 mid-base speakers and a 10" powered sub. I want to try them all to see what it will sound like.