Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default turbo rebuild

how many of you guys have done this? I pulled the sts 67mm apart the other day to see if anything looked severly wrong after the pump stopped working and filled it with oil. It didnt seem that hard but everyone says to send it off. I pulled out everything down to the bearing and cleaned them and put them back together and it seems to work fine still.

So I was wondering if anyone has rebuild there own and where to get the parts.. My bearings looked a little worn and I know they need to be rebuild after a while so I figured I would go ahead and do it.

Ill have to look up what its called but the black piece that sits on a bushing in on the inside of the exhaust housing looked rough in some places and smooth in others... I assume its an accumulation of oil but it wouldnt come off. Definetly looks as though it needs to be replaced.

Ill take some pictures if someone can determine if it needs replacing. Would be appreciated..
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it be the seal? anyway,....there are all kinds of re-build kits @ e-bay.

Last edited by Boo"SS"t; 05-28-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
how many of you guys have done this? I pulled the sts 67mm apart the other day to see if anything looked severly wrong after the pump stopped working and filled it with oil. It didnt seem that hard but everyone says to send it off. I pulled out everything down to the bearing and cleaned them and put them back together and it seems to work fine still.

So I was wondering if anyone has rebuild there own and where to get the parts.. My bearings looked a little worn and I know they need to be rebuild after a while so I figured I would go ahead and do it.

Ill have to look up what its called but the black piece that sits on a bushing in on the inside of the exhaust housing looked rough in some places and smooth in others... I assume its an accumulation of oil but it wouldnt come off. Definetly looks as though it needs to be replaced.

Ill take some pictures if someone can determine if it needs replacing. Would be appreciated..
Hope you re-balanced it ....if not it won't last long.