View Full Version : Turbo blown???

GMmexican
05-28-2007, 03:38 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o255/chevydrum82/turbocharger.jpg

Wow never seen this before, its on a GMC cyclone

tsiguy
05-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Cool. There is a guy on the Talon and Eclipse boards who did a twin charged set up using a blower and turbo.

djsanchez2
05-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Damn thats Bad!! Wonder what his torque curve looks like, seeing as he's got it covered on both ends :jest:

titus2669
05-28-2007, 07:04 PM
A guy over at j-body.org did a turbo with a sc setup. He said it ran great.
You just have to make sure you get the right turbo size and sc.

90TSiAWD
05-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Cool. There is a guy on the Talon and Eclipse boards who did a twin charged set up using a blower and turbo.

Yea I remember that huge thread on DSMtuners, the motor ended up taking a shit on him but on a stock bottom end it was expected.

BlackRabbit
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
I saw a twin turbo S/Ced STI a while back ago. Just the pics and description of it. I don't remember exactly how it worked but the S/C pulley was like a A/C fan clutch. When it got to a certain RPM it kicked off. Basically it was used just to spool the turbos. Insane.

02NBMFormula
05-29-2007, 12:08 AM
I saw a twin turbo S/Ced STI a while back ago. Just the pics and description of it. I don't remember exactly how it worked but the S/C pulley was like a A/C fan clutch. When it got to a certain RPM it kicked off. Basically it was used just to spool the turbos. Insane.
got a link for that? love to see that

transAm-98
05-29-2007, 05:27 AM

I remember that. It had an AMG (mercedes) blower on it. The AMG superchargers use a clutch system for their superchargers (you can hear the belt squeel a bit when it kicks in). As stated, never saw any numbers, just a picture. however, having driven plenty of those I can tell you that those blowers are heatsoaking mothaf&*ka$.