Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with suspension before I buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 02:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with suspension before I buy

Ok guys/gals I want to upgrade my 99 SS to chrome ZO6 rims. I drive the SS all the time on the street and I plan to drag race a lot too. I will also do a few autoX events. Eventually I will get Fikse FM5s but not for a while, to damn expensive! So here the plan:
I want to buy 4 17x9.5 chrome ZO6 rims with 275-40zr-17 nittos. Later I will upgrade the rear wheels/tires to 18x10.5 chrome ZO6s w/295-35zr-18 BFG DRAG RADIALs. I am considering lowering the car a bit. Will lowering the car screw my chances for some good launches? I run 26-10.5-16 ET streets at the dragstrip. What will I have to do to the suspension if I lower it(do I need new brackets for the LCAs)? I am going to add a TnT F1 wet kit(100-150 shot), fuel pump, MSD window switch, WOT switch, and NX bottle heater. I plan to run 10s. Listed below are all my mods so you can get an idea of what I have and what I will need to do:
1999 CAMARO SS w/ standard SS suspension
ARE stage 2 H/C w/ LS6 intake
ported TB and SLP 85 mm MAF
Whisper lid w/ SLP CAI
SVO injectors
ARE ported oil pump
Grott headers, 3inch y-pipe no cats, SLP LM catback(switching to a SLP DD)
RAM 6130/402 VDS clutch(switching to a 910 disk)
Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.10s,33 spline axles, ta cover, HD eaton posi, ABS & TCS
BMR tubular subframe connectors(weld-in)
BMr LCA(tubular)
stock torque arm(switching to Spohn adjustable w/ DS loop)
stock panhard rod
stock rear swaybar
stock springs,struts and shocks(all the way around)
stock front sway bar(removed right now)
no strut tower brace
no cage(will be installing a Wolfe chromemoly 6 point w/ swing out door bars, weld-in)

I am thinking some sort of lowering springs and adjustable shocks. I don't want to get crazy with lowering the car because of my headers. I figure I might need re-location brackets for the LCAs right? I think the chrome ZO6 rims 17x9.5 front with 275s and 18x10.5 with 295s on the rear, lowered a bit on a black SS would be sweet!
Old 05-02-2003, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help with suspension before I buy

ttt