New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fluids and maintenance, any other suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fluids and maintenance, any other suggestions?

i kinda got seperate questions.
so i have had my 01 z28 m6 for almost a month. shes in good shape but has 149xxx miles so i figured ide change all the fluids. the oils obvious and ive been told to use royal purple synchromsh for the trans but my friend forgot how many quarts. but what kind and how many quarts for the diff? and is there anything thats really tricky to be aware of?
and second im planning some more maintance next weekend, ie tr6 plugs, msd wires, and i want to do a ls2 timing chain' are there any other belts or gaskets that i should be changing while im there? i want to get runnin properly before the heads and cam...
Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Why TR6 plugs? Usually people use TR55's, an dgap em (if need be) around .045"

Just wondering...

Hit all of the basics, at that mileage, I'd replace belts (unless they look fresh and hydrated), all fluids, take a look at the moter mounts as well and all other bushings/mounts (this includes tranny mount)...

Good luck!
E
Old 06-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Launching!

yea i would have got those if i would have looked into more. i just asked my roomate wich ones to get, he had a c5 and totally blanked out when i asked him wich ones to get. i was actually debating if i should order the 55's. is it worth it?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

GM makes synchromesh. 4 quarts in the tranny. and 2 quarts of gear oil in the rear. you have a zexel so you can use synthetic gear lube.