PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pros and cons of using stock o2 hole for wideband?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pros and cons of using stock o2 hole for wideband?

I want to use one of my stock o2 mount locations to run my wideband o2 sensor and than do a narrow band simulation to compensate for the replaced factory o2 sensor. that way i don't have to remove my exhaust and weld a bung

what are the pros and cons of doing this? is one bank preferable to the next? would this require me to configure the narrow band output on my wideband for the ls1 or are all narrow band simulation voltages the same.

I have a tech edge 2ao wideband

Thanks in advance
Old 06-01-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say stock mount locations are you referring to stock exhaust manifolds, or do you have headers? The manual probably specifies which way NOT to orient the w/b sensor, so just look for that. If the location doesn't cause it to be in a position they don't recommend, it wlil be fine. You'll also probably have to configure an analog output on your wideband to simulate the narrowband sensor. The manual should also have directions to do this. I can't speak for that particular wideband but it should be close to the same. There are some good writeups for some wideband controllers on how to wire them up to simulate. Good luck.

Quick Reply: pros and cons of using stock o2 hole for wideband?