Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bent shift fork/3-4 slider?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent shift fork/3-4 slider?!?!

Fine...I get it.... I can't ignore this any longer. The red car has been "popping" out of 4th under power for sometime now and I ususally just hold it in to prevent it from doing so. So, this morning, I found myself next to a cobra with a revving motor...so.... let's just say bye-bye-now. The next light I was slowely shifting thru the gears. In third, going for forth, felt an amazing resistance with pulsations in the lever. I tried to bypass fourth and 5th wasn't much better. Now I go back to fourth and force it in, followed by a smooth shift into 5th.

Time to rebuild...I know... Question is how much should I expect to spend at a rod shop? Are there any upgraded parts (forged, high strength steel..etc...) that I should have put in or rebuild with stock components.

.......stupid Cobra.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am talking to Six Speed Inc right now for my t-56 and including freight it sounds like 9 days for shipping, fixing, and getting it returned. A week and a 1/2 worst case scenario and the prices they have are pretty bad ***. Plus they know what they're doing. I'm having similar problems. That's if you have a tranny problem or if you have a bad tranny mount.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
8 Second Club

similar **** happend to me. i pulled the trans out and took it and a steel 3-4 fork to a local shop and he charged me 625 bucks. he siad it was shift fork pad and slider. the shift fork was fine. they usally dont bend becasue thay are aluminium.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Use Six Speeds Inc. If you're lucky most local guys might have rebuilt 1 or 2 t56's. I wasted so much money on trans labor for "experts" that said they knew the t56. Your local shops aren't going to know all the places where an upgrade matters and have the specific experience, not to mention six speeds inc has great prices.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

+1,000,000

I took mine to a local shop about a year ago and spent $3000 on a brand new one. Now it's broke again and the same shop want's to charge me out the wazoo to fix it. If I would have gone to Six Speed Inc the first time, I wouldn't have to deal with this again. I learned my leason, let some who knows t-56s do it.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

six speed inc is the best in work and price save problems and get it done right the first time