General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight weirdness...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight weirdness...

Hey guys,

Since I bought my car about a month ago, I've had a question about my headlights and just never asked. During the daytime, when I release the Ebrake, I have no DRLs. However, when it's dark outside, my headlights automatically turn on when I release the Ebrake. Not only that, but the headlight switch becomes useless. Matter o' fact, the headlights won't even turn off until you shut the car off. What the hell?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Camaro?

1998-2002 Camaros have auto lights.

There is a sensor near the alarm LED on the upper dash pad. When the sensor detects that it is dark out, the headlights come on automatically.

The feature can be defeated however:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....61&postcount=8
Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1FST-Z
Hey guys,

Since I bought my car about a month ago, I've had a question about my headlights and just never asked. During the daytime, when I release the Ebrake, I have no DRLs. However, when it's dark outside, my headlights automatically turn on when I release the Ebrake. Not only that, but the headlight switch becomes useless. Matter o' fact, the headlights won't even turn off until you shut the car off. What the hell?

That is the way automatic headlights work. You don't need to turn them on or off manually. The light sensor turns them on and off for you.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

But...doesn't that suck that you can't sit and idle with just ya parkin' lamps on if you so please? Furthermore, why even have a switch in the first place? LOL, maybe I should just get over it