Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best Car Cover for a BLACK Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Car Cover for a BLACK Camaro?

That is right, I have black camaro that sits in the garage, and it gets dusty really fast. I was just wondering what car cover is the best for a black car that sits in the garage? Thanks for your opinions.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:33 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Best Car Cover for a BLACK Camaro?

I was always told that you don't put covers on black cars. It creates miniscule scratches everywhere. I could be wrong, and there could be some new cover out that won't produce this effect. If so, then I want one too!!!

-Andy
Old 05-06-2003, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

i have a black Z that sits in the garage also. I think the cover was made by Covercraft. Its not weather proof, its just for dust, it is extremly soft, and dosn't seem to leave any scratches. But it is always covered in lots of wax too If you want the number of where i ordered it, you can just email me or PM me.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

I will preach the Noah Wolf carcover for Calicarcovers till the end. I have a black 02SS and it sits in the garage. Not only is this cover weather proof, but it doesn't leave ANY scratches, big or small on the paint and it also lets the paint breathe. It is expensive (200 I think) but IMO, there is nothing else out there that compares to it. When my car is in the garage, I'm keeping the dust off, when its outside, the cover protects it from anything, rain/sleet/snow. (not that its even been outside in the snow)
Old 05-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

I have a Black 02 SS also. I have a California cover for it. The only time I've ever put it on the car is right after washing it. Put it on any other time and I'm sure it will get scratched with any cover. I've accepted the fact that I'm real lucky if I can get the car dried off before the dust starts settling unless I'm in a ventilated paint booth or an operating room. I did see a trick set-up in a autogeek catalog that is a drive in car capsule that is ventilated and supported by fan forced filtered air. They make them for inside and outside use. Kinda pricey at $350 to $400 depending on the size but I'm seriously considering one. It's alot cheaper than adding a sterile bay on to my existing garage. That looks like your best bet if you are a no-dust fanatic. Good luck! That damn dust! autogeek.net

Quick Reply: Best Car Cover for a BLACK Camaro?