New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 T/a Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 T/a Ws6

ok guys, let me start off by sayin that i currently have a blown/full bolt on 03 mustang GT. its making right at 398 rwhp at 10psi. Its pretty quick for a DD but i want something different. I honestly have always been a Ford guy. But in the back of my mind i always wanted a WS6. I know what the ls1 is capable of, seeing as how ive raced many. Now my question is are there any downsides to the t/a. Do i need to watch out for anything when purchasing the car. Im looking at an 02. My plans are for 550+ rwhp. Any input is greatly appreciated guys. thanx

oh and which is a better platform to start with, the SS or the WS6??

Justin
Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Junkie

An LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1 Get whichever body style you prefer.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VicousWS6
ok guys, let me start off by sayin that i currently have a blown/full bolt on 03 mustang GT. its making right at 398 rwhp at 10psi. Its pretty quick for a DD but i want something different. I honestly have always been a Ford guy. But in the back of my mind i always wanted a WS6. I know what the ls1 is capable of, seeing as how ive raced many. Now my question is are there any downsides to the t/a. Do i need to watch out for anything when purchasing the car. Im looking at an 02. My plans are for 550+ rwhp. Any input is greatly appreciated guys. thanx

Justin
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html

Check that link out I provided. It has some great info on the f-body. Read up and educate yourself it has lots of stuff you probably never even thought of. I know a few things to look out for on our cars are of slow window motors, look on the door at the codes to make sure if you get an SS, WS6, or Z that the code is true for that car, check trans, check rear end housing for any leakage, listen to engine for loud ticking/knocking, and these are just a few common things to check on a f-body.

Honestly like MillaTK said an LS1 is an LS1 is an LS1. They are all the same no matter what anyone says, even the vette has the exact same everything the camaro and trans am have. ChocoTaco369 will give you more details if you want, he is the LS1 Tech god on this subject and he is right and never wrong, and thats a fact. The SS and WS6 basically have bigger wheels, different appearance packages and suspention is different. So no big difference. Im bias, I will tell you to go with a WS6 all day cause i love mine so much. So honestly starting out with an SS or WS6 is the start in the right direction, and the WS6 all day long. Good luck hope this helps.

Mike

Last edited by Smokin00WS6; 06-18-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VicousWS6

Justin
wow you only got 398 at the wheels with full bolt ons and a blower?
You're gonna love an ls1.Those same mods on our cars would get you easily up to your 550 goal if not past with a good tune. Good luck
Old 06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Only downside of an 06 WS6 is the price. It's held it's value more than most other f-bodies and depending on where and when you're shopping you'll be paying more than 20 grand for one.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

double post. Sight is acting funny.