Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hyptertech

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyptertech

whats up. ive got a 2000 z28. its stock except for i have flowmaster exhaust. next week im getting a new gear and a hypertech power programmer. i need to know if i can get any gains out of it with my car being basically stock. And what all this thing can do. thanks
Old 05-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: hyptertech

Hypertech power tuning is pretty lame; you might get 5hp. It's good for adjusting your speedometer and fans or maybe shift points if you have an automatic, but that's about it. I bought an HPP3 when I first got my car and didn't know any better. Later on I ended up selling the HPP3 then getting LS1edit.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

i disagree hpp3 is good if you dont plan on going crazy and imo if you do plan on headers and a cam or anything on that level then go to a shop and get a dyno tune by experts instead of tring to guess it out with ls1 edit the hpp3 will not really give you any peak hp gain but it will raise the power band a good 11hp and 16 ftlbs of tq which is very useful dont always lisen to people concerned with peak hp gains you can gain alot by just flattening your tq curb im very happty with my hpp3 and id reccomend a 160 t-stat to help lower engine temps alown with a tranny cooler if your an a4 for a good article on boltons look in the nov 2002 issue of gm high tech peformance they show you with dyno runs how to get dam close to 250 rwhp with minor boltons finally if your auto ud be better off doing a tq converter than gears imo i did gears and am happy but waitnig for my warrenty to expire cauz i have felt the gains felt by a better converter

Cal im not tring to flame your opnion. i do agree ls1 edit is a more powerful tool for those who are looking for more complete control of their car settings BUT this does not mean hypertech does not do a good jub simplifing and deciding what are good ,safe decsions for stock ls1 engines. imo hypertech is good for most but if your gonna do some serious buliding then you might wanna learn ls1 edit or become freinds with a local dyno owner
Old 05-08-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

o yea i ment 350rwhp (typo)