Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

different maf question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default different maf question

I know a lot of people change maf's, but why exactly? What are the stock maf's good to hp wise. I dont know if its just me being used to modular mustangs, but there is no reason unless your pegging the maf. The amount of air diff you will get from one to another isnt that great so why spend a couple hundred dollars for a realistic 1-2 hp gain if anything, not to mention throwing the car on the dyno to make sure its not running leaner or richer which leads to a possible tune. Now the arguement is people will say they gained hp but if i put on a bunch of mods and my car was running a little rich and i threw on a maf and it leaned my car out i would feel a diff and think my car just picked up power. Need to see a graph with a before and after same a/f ratio.

Last edited by Ruckus46Gt; 06-19-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
I know a lot of people change maf's, but why exactly? What are the stock maf's good to hp wise.
500hp+
I dont know if its just me being used to modular mustangs, but there is no reason unless your pegging the maf. The amount of a/f diff you will get from one to another isnt that great so why spend a couple hundred dollars for a realistic 1-2 hp gain if anything, not to mention throwing the car on the dyno to make sure its not running leaner or richer which leads to a possible tune. Now the arguement is people will say they gained hp but if i put on a bunch of mods and my car was running a little rich and i threw on a maf and it leaned my car out i would feel a diff and think my car just picked up power. Need to see a graph with a before and after same a/f ratio.
People who buy an aftermarket MAF for a stock motor cant read.

Those with nasty NA and N20 motors need a bigger one, but they get really good tuning done.

And once you start getting a lot of power from a FI motor, you should just go SD.