Why are some cops such A**holes?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why are some cops such A**holes?!?!?!?!

I'm cruising on 59s w/my dad, 5 yr. old daughter and 9 mo. old son on my way home after my dad and I helped my wife move some furniture at her office. Right as I crest the the hill at the Hillcroft exit (I'm in the far left lane), I see a cop parked on the left shoulder, so I instinctually hit the brakes. I immediately look at my speedo and it reads about 61. The speed limit is 60 there, so I think no big deal, he probably won't come after me. Well, I was wrong. He turns on his lights AND siren, so I move over 1 lane to the right, in case he's going somewhere else. Well, I guess he wasn't, b/c he squeezes in right on my *** between me and this big delivery type truck. I'm thinking, calm the **** down dude, I'll pull over. Since I don't want to end up on the news as one of those people who got hit and killed b/c they pulled over on the side of a freeway and b/c I've got both my kids with me, I decide to exit the freeway and get to a clear area. Well, this freakin' cop rides my *** even closer with the sirens wailing as I'm moving over to get off. I swear, if I would have even tapped my brakes, he probably would have hit me. Anyway, I end up in the parking lot of the Star Furniture and perform the obligatory tasks: license, insurance, concealed hangun license.... He immediately tells me I was going 74 in a 60 and I say without thinking, "There's no way. Are you sure?" Honestly, there is no way he got me going that fast, because I have a Passport 8500 and the damn thing NEVER went off! Besides, It's physically impossible to slow down to 61 from 74 in less than a second. (Isn't it??? )

Anyway, after sitting at his car for a couple of minutes, he comes back with the window tint thing and asks me to roll up my windows (I'm legal). While I'm doing that, he asks me, "What is that sound?" I'm like, "What sound? I don't hear anything." He says, "That buzzing." "What, the exhaust?" I say. "Yeah, what did you do to it?" he says. I tell him I've only put Flowmaster mufflers on there. "Okay, so you paid to have that done. You like the way that sounds," he says and writes some more on the ticket.

When he gives me the ticket, it has the speeding violation, no front plate violation ( ), and "loud noise loud muffler" violation. What the ****!!! Since when is having Flowmaster mufflers against the law? I ask him, "Are you serious? You're giving me a ticket because you think my exhaust is loud?" He says, "Yes, can't you hear it? You paid to have it done, now pay the consequences for it." I'm in shock, but already know that I'll be fighting the whole thing with a lawyer, so say to myself, "**** it" and I tell him, "I guess someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, huh?" and take off.

Anyway, you be the judge. Does this exhaust warrant a ticket?

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=newexhst.flv

Well, thanks for listening to me vent, but if anyone who's maybe had a similar situation, has any advice, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

thats weak...my exhaust is alot louder..
Old 06-22-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh...gay? You should have pulled out his gun an capped him a few times. That would have taught him a lesson!

No front license plate, sure...you can get that dismissed by putting one on and taking a picture. Speeding...have them swear your 9mo old in and let him tell them that you weren't speeding .

I feel for you! I can't stand traffic pigs...stupid *******!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whenever I get stopped and don't feel safe stopping right away I'll flip on my hazard lights and pull off where we can both be in the clear. It's usually best just to agree and not give them any reason to think you've got an attitude. Let them feel good about it. You're fight is in court not on the side of the road. He may have got you with the extra tickets because you questioned him about your speed. Just a thought.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, that's why I said, I said it w/o thinking, but I figured that prob. had something to do with it. I wasn't rude about it, just kinda thinking out loud. Oh well.

Also, I was looking at my ticket, and the court date is scheduled for a Saturday morning. Is that a mistake, or did Houston start holding traffic court on Saturdays???
Old 06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just keep postponing it and by the the time you do end up having to go to court he won't show and they will just dismiss all that crap.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:09 PM

Challenge the ticket, take your day in court, and hope he doesn't show...
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

that **** is so gay f*** them. I have 2 Warrents out For Arrest right now and i owe them $599 dollars!
Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks, but some cops just have a bad day and don't give a ****.. Good luck in court.

oh and your exhaust..WAY to LOUD!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

call teh couthouse just incase he is trying to have u arrested and give them your ticket number.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
call teh couthouse just incase he is trying to have u arrested and give them your ticket number.
Why would he be trying to have me arrested?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Go to court. If they don't pull the tape from the patrol car, there's your "excessive noise due to aftermarket muffler" ticket dismissed. I would see if you could go get a decibel reading from somwhere though. Someone on here probably has a gauge they'd let you use. That's incase he does show up. You can also bring that vid to court. Also, get your front plate put on and take a picture. There's another ticket dismissed.

Here's how to get your speeding ticket dismissed, and not many people know about this. Cops can't monitor all lanes of traffic at once. They keep gunning people, and when they see a number worth pulling some one over for, they look and see who is going the fastest on the road. Then they pull the person over and nobody ever knows the difference. Just go up there and say there were people passing you on the left, and he was harassing you when you were pulled over. If they do bring the tape, they will see that you were already in the second lane from the right, and there was a strong possibility he got the wrong person.

Case dismissed
Old 06-23-2007, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

No show to court means warrant! So maybe it was supose to be on fri or he just messed up on the date.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Ginger Hater

I have two dB meters
Old 06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Spazdout
I have two dB meters
Yeah, but you're an Aggie.

Just kidding. I couldn't help it.

You gonna be in Houston any time soon?

Now I get you crazy. I checked, and at that location, they do have court on Saturdays. So he wasn't trying to set me up.

Thanks for the tip LT1wb.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Texas Director

I would give David Sprecher a call. There was a thread here in the TX section yesterday talking about Houston lawyers that has his number in it.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I saw that. I'll be makin' a few calls on Monday.

Thanks.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Corny40
"I guess someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, huh?" and take off
aaaahahaha, righteous bro. i needed a good laugh.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Launching!

damn corny i live near you, i hope they dont get me. my car is loud, my tint IS illegal, and I do speed. anyway.. FIGHT It , you'll be fine in the end.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Uh...gay? You should have pulled out his gun an capped him a few times. That would have taught him a lesson!

No front license plate, sure...you can get that dismissed by putting one on and taking a picture. Speeding...have them swear your 9mo old in and let him tell them that you weren't speeding .

I feel for you! I can't stand traffic pigs...stupid *******!
Your the stupid ******.. you think its funny to say he should have pulled out his gun and shot the cop. You are a piece of ****