Check out my spark plugs plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out my spark plugs plz

is this color of the pplugs normal i noticed it had a brownish white tint to it after i did a spark plug change today. im assumin this is normal becuase i burn about a quaart of oil every 3k miles and my spakr plugs had a lil oil on the threads. i also noticed they smelt a lil funny maybe they had coolaant on them and thats wat the white tint was from idk, u guys tell me heres the pics thanks~!

Also i noticed plug # 3 was very hard to get in and it was gettin tight real early and u can as well tell it sticks out a little further than the rest. im assumin i stripped the head a while ago on my last spark plug change. but everything work i drove it around and it still has all the power and wat not.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

plugs look fine to me.!! might wanna check the threads on #3 with a tap! as far as the funny smell. what do you expect. ?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not too wet, not too dry. . .like XSve said. . .
Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Banned

The oil that you see on the heads is usually from the anti seize being heated up really hot.

In other words the plug heat range is a little warm for your setup. The plugs do look a little rich on the A/F judging by the top ring being a darker gray instead of a brisk lighter grayish tint. A few speckles on the porcelain shows some signs of detonation. That leads me back to the original that the plug isnt efficient enough because its getting too hot for your application.A spark plugs duties are to extract heat. If it cant do it efficiently it acts like a blow torch in your chamber and thats where you get the speckles and the oiling of the threads. Hope this helps you.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Teching In

they look fine, in the first pic you can see the goldish color on it, its just anti seize and its been hot thats why it looks like that.