Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track times

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Track times

my coupe went on the road for the first time as it drove to the track. the car is untuned and idles like ****, surges and wants to stall - the plugs are pretty black. the motor/trans is from a 98 transam. TSP225, yank 3400, full exhaust and i believe the gear is a 3.73 (going by spinning the pinion and counting one tire revolution). tires are pathetic BFG Drag radial 235/60/15s with stock suspension.

my only motor pass was an 8.02@86.66 with a soft 1.82 sixty foot. i was pretty dissapointed with it but it was quicker than most fbodys that i saw that night (not sure what they had done though)

first pass on a 150 hit was 7.97@96.2 with a pitiful 2.11 sixty footer

the first two nitrous passes were the same just destroying the tires. then i was going to race a good friend who has an 07 shelby that puts 625ish to the wheels and was on Nitto drag radials - he wouldnt say but other friends said it was more after he got it back from Livernois. i will say though he doesnt drag race himself and has never driven the car down a track.

that pass i did a healthy burnout and dry-hopped once (which always works best for me over the years, my burnouts suck *****) it hooked somewhat and went 7.38@95.82 with a 1.715 as i put it on him bad

overall im a little dissapointed but believe it will pick up after getting the car to run better and put decent suspension/tires on it.

i am EXTREMELY impressed with the stock 4L60E which i have been very nervous about after reading the trans section for a while. i though it would puke on the first pass but it held up great, it seems to have shifted early on the motor pass to third gear. no biggie.

Quick Reply: Track times