General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine bay fusebox Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine bay fusebox Question

I just bought a 94 z28, and the cruise control and air conditioning don't work. In the engine bay fuse box, there is a 20a fuse that is for AC and cruise control.

I removed the fuse block, and there is only one pink wire going into the 20a fuse. There is no wire coming out of the fuse to complete the circuit. It is a dead end. I used the Haynes repair manual wiring diagram to find where the missing wire is supposed to go, but it doesn't have that fuse on the diagram.

Can someone post a more detailed wiring diagram for me, or at least tell me where that missing wire is supposed to end up? Is there an official GM repair manual posted on this site somewhere?
Old 06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try helms
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WOULD TAKE THE CAR TO A GM DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND HAVE THEM CHECK THE SYSTEM RATHER THAN TRYING TO DO SOMETHING TO IT YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT. THE SHOP HAS ALL OF THE MANUALS NEEDED TO TELL THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO DO TO THE UNIT AND PARTS NEEDED TO FIX IT.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEB Garner
I WOULD TAKE THE CAR TO A GM DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND HAVE THEM CHECK THE SYSTEM RATHER THAN TRYING TO DO SOMETHING TO IT YOURSELF, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT. THE SHOP HAS ALL OF THE MANUALS NEEDED TO TELL THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO DO TO THE UNIT AND PARTS NEEDED TO FIX IT.

You forgot the part in the beginning where you first make a stop at the bank and take out a small loan. As for the original poster, I'm sure somebody on here has the wiring schematic(s) your looking for.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEB Garner

you're telling someone to go to a dealer for this? i had NO clue how to replace a rear end when i broke mine. With the help of ls1tech i did it myself in a weekend, the entire rear end.

and with the help of ls1tech he'll get a wiring diagram.