Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit Fan Settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 Edit Fan Settings

Ok, can someone tell me how the fans work when you change the fan settings with LS1 edit? I mean do they come on at slow speed first then turn on at high speed to maintain the temp at the desired setting? Or do they come on at high speed the whole time and maintain the temp. The question relates to which method I should use to operate the fans. I live in South Texas and it seems the adj fan switch mod with the 160 stat and the slow speed operation does not maintian the temp where I want it the whole time. It works but after a while of normal driving the temp still soars beyond what I want. The slow speed of the fans is not enough to maintain the temp in conjunction with the stat. I want a way to have the high speed fans operate to keep the temp where its suppose to stay. Any replies?
Old 05-08-2003, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LS1 Edit Fan Settings

I THINK you adjust both temps on there. Like low setting and high setting. You might try to set the high setting closer to your low setting or the same for that matter if you want them both to run all the time.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

I believe high and low refer to the two different fans...
Old 05-08-2003, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Yes the two temps lower temp for low fan and higer temp for when the high fan kicks in. Atleast i HOPE so. If not i just adjusted when one of my fans turns on. LOL that would suck. Anyone know fo-sho?
Old 05-08-2003, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know for sure? And what is the actual value used on each setting most people use? One more thing, what is the temp attained with the values used. I mean does it accurately maintain the temp at the value set? Simple terms, does the actual temp match the values set.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Launching!

there are two values for each fan. The on value will determine at what temp it kicks the fan on. The off value is the temp at which it will turn back off. it should be lower then the on value.

Make sense? turns on at selected temp, then it will shut back off when it lowers to the off temp.

Quick Reply: LS1 Edit Fan Settings