Hit and Run Illinois & I-35 Monday 6/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hit and Run Illinois & I-35 Monday 6/25/07

First of all forgive my typing, my right thumnb is broken and my hand is swollen.
I was involved in a hit and run yesterday on Illinois and I-35 arund 4:30PM. I was coming from the east of illinoin to get I-35 north. I was pulling out of a parking lot when on that corner whenI noticed a pewter(silverish gold) Jaguar 2000+up model that was on the far left lane going west at the light. He was behind anoher car and what caught my eye was that this guy got out of his car to get something like a small black leather planner or notebook out of his trunk. So as i star pulling out to the right, I noticed thru the left corner of my eye that everyone behind him started honking so he gave them the finger. So since the light turned green on him he desperatly floored the pedal and cut all 3 lanes to the right to get the on ramp to I-35 north. Unfortunatly I was already making the turn also so just as he cut me off, the front of the MOTORCYCLE I was riding, got cliped by his passenger side, sending me a few feet forward onto the pavement. This is how i broke my thumb and hurt my right knee.

I quickly got up and was stunned for a bit. I noticed right away that the car kept going. I looked behind me to hopefully find someone that saw that would go after him. But none seemed to care. So I got the bike up and turned it back on. I put my emergencies and honked my way thru traffic and i caught up to he guy. At this time the adrenaline and anger took over my fear and pain. So in a desparate act to just get this guy out of his car, my plan was to get next to him and get off the bike to get him out. Well he knew he screwed up already and knew i was on his right, he clipped me again with his car and this time the bike and i fell on his drivers side door and fender. So we both stoped completely. So as im litteraly pinned between the bike and his door, I shout to get out of the car. He started jumping and shouting in fear, "im sorry! im sorry!" so im still yelling and i try to hit him but he kept jumping around so i then tried to reach over for his keys but since i was still pinned down, i couldnt reach all the way. So the guy notices that im trying to go for his keys and so he just floors it and takes off. Since i was pinned down and the car was holding me and the bike up, as he took off, the rear fender wheel well hit my right leg and busted my knee. So then the bike falls on me again in the middle of I-35 just a few meters from the illinois on ramp going north. So dispite all the pain, i managed to get up and again in hope that someone would go after him but all hope was lost. Cars jus went around me so I just picked the bike up and walk it to the right shoulder. I then called 911 my self and 2 nice ladies that were on the shoulder also, came running to see if i was ok.
So the guy got away and the ambulance came. I waited for my dad to pick me and the bike up. The cops also gave me a nice citation for no motorcycle license.
The bike is a brand new 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 white and blue paint scheme, the bike belongs to a friend of mine that had just let me borrow it the day before to test it out. I tested it out alright.
The most damage was to my right leg. The cartilage in my knee broke so im gonna need surgery. My hip and ankle feel sore. My elbows got some scrapes. My thumb broke from the tip or something. The bike got damaged mainly on the rigth side. Im chillin at home right know beating my self up for not even thinking about gettin his license plates tho.
So If anyone spots a newer model pewter/silver Jaguar with damage to the drivers side, white male 30s-40s, tall, medium sized, get the plates and let me know.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got you.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that story is shocking...he was white? Flame on suckas...

Sorry to hear that dude, that freaking sucks!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Wow, that story is shocking...he was white? Flame on suckas...

Sorry to hear that dude, that freaking sucks!
I was suprised cause im mexican, i guess he wanted to get even for the times my people hit and run???

Old 06-26-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn dude, i wouldve dropped the bike and dragged his *** out the car.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike96z
damn dude, i wouldve dropped the bike and dragged his *** out the car.
thats what i wanted to do but he droped me before i could drop it myself
Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 PM

I know that you're rage and pain probably interferred with your thinking at the time, and that hindsight is 20/20, but if you caught up to him, why didn't you just follow and memorize the License Plate and call 9-1-1?

Trying to fight a guy in a car while you're on a bike doesn't seem feasible, let alone smart... I'd have followed him till he got where he was going then knocked him the f* out...
Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

^^ x2, ill keep a lookout for ya though
Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

glad your ok man, but ****!! i'll bet your friend is pissed off at you, wreckin his brand new gix600. bike vs cage.. cage always wins, you shoulda gotten the license plate, then followed him till he was stopped at a light or something, then taken off your helmet and beaten the livin **** out of him with it.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

was this by townview by the shell.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by That_guy
was this by townview by the shell.
nah it was near wynnwood village, townview is on davis/8th street
Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

o ok then
Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so you caught up but didnt get the plates?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

wait a few days, and call every body shop/mechanic you can find in the phone book/online with in a 20 mile radius and ask if they have the car for repairs.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

including luxury car dealerships.