Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2sim problems, SES light, scanned codes what next

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2sim problems, SES light, scanned codes what next

I installed the SLP lid,85mm MAF, BBK TB, Jet-Hot LT's, Hooker off-road y,o2 sims,PPIII and 160 stat. No SES light yet. Went to have my cut-out welded in. Left the Muff shop (cut out open) drove around town for a while. I closed the cut-out and a few miles later the SES light comes on. Everything seems to be running fine. I checked my o2 sensors and made sure the solder on the splices are still good, thinking I should have bought the damn extensions in the first place. I programmed the stock settings back in computer. No SES light. 5 miles later SES light. I checked the gas cap and all the ls1 sites for help similar to my problems. I took it to a speed shop and had them check the codes they came up 1133-1153 Bank#1 sensor 1 Bank#2 sensor 1. They cleared the codes and drove it for 15 or so miles and no light. The owner told me he had similar problems with a monster Viper with no cats and o2 sims. It took four different sets of sims before they found a pair that worked. Is there a way to bypass the o2 sims and keep the computer from setting the SES light. The shop owner said he has heard of such a bypass on a Mustang.2 blocks later SES!