Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Leak Cause Loading up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Leak Cause Loading up?

got a custom tune from diablo and the car is ok other than at low rpms it loads up...cant really drive it under 3000 or it seems to get flooded.....diablo told me that it was probably from an exhaust leak somewhere.....now i do not have any leaks coming off the heads, but i do have some leaks after the headers.....could this be the cause of my problems or not.....im getting the exhaust welded up tomorrow night.....no offense to TSP, but everything i got from them was great except for the Y pipe....it came in a box in like 5 pieces and doesnt really fit that great.....thats where my leaks are....but is this really my problem?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The leaks would have to be prior to the front O2 sensors...the theory is that an exhaust leak will introduce extra oxygen to the O2 sensors, making them think the engine is running lean, thus causing the computer to add additional fuel. I've had an exhaust leak like this, and it didn't affect anything other than idle conditions. Beyond that, the airflow coming out of the engine was enough to negate this problem.

The only reason I knew I had a leak was because my wideband O2 sensor would fluctuate wildly at idle, always erring to the lean side. Once I was cruising, the O2 readings were steady (from 1200-1600 RPMs).

I'd look elsewhere for problems.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunno...it still doesnt make any sense to me...but i had the exhaust all welded up today and now its fine....so i dunno....