Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LT1 hvac gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 hvac gauge install

well i saw how the ls1 guys have their gauges installed in there dashes and thoguht of tryin it on my lt1. dont know if anyone has done this yet. if so does anyone have pics of it?

since the guy i bought my car from removed the heating and a/c stuff from my car i decided i didnt need any ***** that dont work. so i decided to see if i can get some gauges into that spot.

havent got the gauges yet (still looking for the ones i want). but heres soem pics of what i have dont so far.

removed the controls:

removed the guts on the controls:

grinded off old mounts and stuff for old controls

marked off for the biggest gauge i can fit: (probably wont go too big cause im thinkin of adding some switches for something)

Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

go with 2 - 2 and 1/16 gauges, make a templete of your hvac out of abs plastic. then take the gauges and make an outline then dremel out your gauge holes. be prepared to make many mistakes the first few tries.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 PM

well im pretty good with the dremel and plastic. i do custom crap all day at work. i think im gonna do one of those raptor style shift light things all the way on the left and them 1 or 2 more gauges. havn't decided what gauges i want/need though.

im actually gonna use the factory plastic cause i need the gauges to sink in a little cause of my head unit.

Quick Reply: LT1 hvac gauge install