Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Future V8 owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future V8 owner

I live in southeastern ohio and have been in love with cars, especially camaros since i was a wee one. I am a member of fullthrottlev6 also and have owned a 98 camaro for close to two years now, i am graduating this upcoming year and going into the air force reserves to pay for college and serve my country. My parents made a deal with me that if i payed for my own college they would buy me a brand new car, because i have three younger brothers who will need college money in the future. Well i don't want a brand new car i just want a 2000 or newer ls1 camaro to make my own. My dad and i have started looking at some and it will be a purchase made this winter. Plans are the ss spoiler, hood, magnaflow exhaust, pacesetter headers, tsp ory, ls6 intake, slp air box, and slp mass air flow sensor. And it will definitely be painted a tuxedo black. Just wanted to get in tune with the v8 community and chat with some more f-body owners. I know there is a lot to be learned here. The first question i have is, is it possible to reach 400 bhp on the mods i've listed and a program or tune, or is a cam or nitrous a must to reach that level?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You probably won't quite hit that level, although its not a far stretch. The intake, MAF, and lid will definitely make a difference Also, the exhaust will help out.

A cam is pretty inexpensive depending on what type you get, and installation shouldn't run you too much on that. If you are looking for a H/C setup, it will be the heads that cost the big $$$. Those will put you over that 400 mark you are looking for. The amount of power you make once again depends on what type of cam or cam/heads you use.

I personally would not recommend nitrous at this stage. Maybe a turbo system or blower.

Good idea to get in league with other V8 owners and specifically the guys and gals here on LS1Tech. There is more information on this site than in a whole stack of books.

Good luck, and never be ashamed to ask even the simplest question!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Teching In

thanks for the welcome, i was researching some cams at looked at the magic stick 4 cam from tsp, is that overkill or would it make a sweet cam?