Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D@MN STUPID F*#& PLUG!!!!! :cry:

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D@MN STUPID F*#& PLUG!!!!! :cry:

Ok, I just had a bung plug put in my Y-pipe a week ago for my WB. I went to pull out the plug in the bung to install the 02 WB sensor and the G&D D@MN PLUG WONT COME OUT! I broke an allen, a pipe wrench, and a pair of vicegrips! I figure that after the bung was welded in and the plug installed, the heat from the welding sealed the plug in.

I have tried a propane torch and heated it for 20 min hit it with another pipe wrench and still nothing. Any ideas on how to get this out?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last last resort is take it to a muffler shop. Shoot it with PBBlaster first and let it soak.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nakoz
Ok, I just had a bung plug put in my Y-pipe a week ago for my WB. I went to pull out the plug in the bung to install the 02 WB sensor and the G&D D@MN PLUG WONT COME OUT! I broke an allen, a pipe wrench, and a pair of vicegrips! I figure that after the bung was welded in and the plug installed, the heat from the welding sealed the plug in.

I have tried a propane torch and heated it for 20 min hit it with another pipe wrench and still nothing. Any ideas on how to get this out?
I've seen this happen SEVERAL times while working on customer cars...I just take it to the exhaust shop that did it & have them take care of it. They've tried several ways to weld in the bung & it seems hit or miss. I usually have them at least coat the plug with anti seize and run it through 3 or 4 times before I leave the shop though, even then I've run into an issue here & there, but not nearly as bad as them just throwing in the bung after they've done welding/cooling the bung.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Those allen type bolts suck *****. Never had a problem with the Hex cap screw type.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Same on the hex head. I welded my bung on with the plug installed with anti-sieze while I welded. No problems backing out after letting it cool. No problems getting O2 sensors in. I also tacked it on 4 sides first before finish welding all the way around.Good luck with it.