Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use these to help with rasp?? or use them at all?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use these to help with rasp?? or use them at all?

So I love my exhaust set up, but I have some major rasp going on at part throttle. (LT's, ORY, and GMMG) I stumbled across these and I like the idea of not having to hack up my exhaust by installing a bullet muffler. It's just a 3" cone shaped insert, I wondered if anyone on here has used them and what they thought of them? Do you think they would cure rasp, or just reduce the decibel level?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if they'd cure rasp, but it could surely grate cheese:

Old 07-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ personally, i think it looks like the thing you use to squeeze juice out of lemons.

but seriously...why would you put them in your exhaust? just put a set of high flow cats on them. i guarantee a set of magnaflow 59559's will be much less restrictive than that thing you're thinking about putting in your exhaust. the magnaflow 59559's are one of the best (if not the best) cats on the market. they're so high flowing, word on the street is they don't even change the exhaust volume...but they DO clean up the rasp. LS1's with y-pipe setups NEED cats to sound good IMO. get a set, clamp them on and be amazed as your exhaust tone is 1000x better.

EAD Performance sells them for $89.50 a cat.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cost is a concern, these are fairly inexpensive, plus I wouldnt have to worry about paying someone to weld in a set of cats (truth be told hi-flow cats is what I'll eventually end up going with though). I'm just looking for anyone that has happened to have any first hand experience with these inserts.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyjoe
Cost is a concern, these are fairly inexpensive, plus I wouldnt have to worry about paying someone to weld in a set of cats (truth be told hi-flow cats is what I'll eventually end up going with though). I'm just looking for anyone that has happened to have any first hand experience with these inserts.
i'm just going to respectfully recommend that you not waste your money on this one. it looks like the turbonator's answer to rasp. it looks like it'll do nothing but kill your flow. save up for a good set of cats and do it right the first time. i know it's not the answer you're looking for, but i think it's the answer everyone else is going to be thinking.