Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where to mount distribution boxes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount distribution boxes?

I'm getting ready to run power and ground lines for my new amp. I've looked at a lot of pictures of peoples' installs and noticed that I never see a power distribution block. Where are you guys mounting these that is safe but out of sight? I'm using Subthumps rear wall amp rack and considered mounting them in one of the spaces on the backside of that. However, if I blow a fuse at that point, I'd hate to have to completely unmount my amps and the amp rack just to be able to reach the maxi fuse in the distribution box.

So any suggestions on a clean, accessible, and safe location?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know if this helps cuz my setup was different but i mounted on the back seat. but i had 2 amps and i laid them across the back. actually i have a pic. only problem is u have to be careful when u pull up the back seat.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

odds are unless something is wrong you will never blow a fuse... places you could use are by the spare tire or just pull back the carpet a bit in the back by the trunk hatch and mount it there and try to make it accessiable, or behind the carpet on drivers side cubby. not everyone uses a distro block