Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some Help, Car is acting up(sometimes)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some Help, Car is acting up(sometimes)

I need some help diagnosing this issue:

Most of the time I will go out to my car start it up and drive it perfectly fine with no issues. But lately its been acting up alot! I believe it happening most of the time when its hot(no so much when cold). When it has the problem the car will not want to start at all, it wont idle, its missing and knocking. I can keep the car running by giving it some throttle, but it still will knock and miss horribly. Also I noticed when it was giving me problems my battery was at a really low charge on my voltage gauge in the dash, this could of been from the bad idle but maybe it has to do with something else?

So now comes the hard part..What the hell is wrong with it? At first I though it was a ground wire issue, I checked all the wires and made sure they were all secured. What else should I look at?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you checked your charging system.. what volts/amps is it running at ? Have you checked the fuel pressure..

Are you getting any codes ?... Get a scope (rent one) and scan the car, both running normal and when the problem is going on.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It only started to throw a code when the car started missing(which its suppose to do), Ill check the charging system tonight. Fuel pressure I will also check again(last time i checked it was good)