Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car not running right after header install

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Car not running right after header install

Okay, so I know there are quite a few threads like this and I have searched for the codes and such but I'd like to get everyones opinions. Heres the deal: Installed Pacesetter LTs and custom X-pipe setup. Reused stock O2s and just extended the wiring. Everything ran fine for about 250 miles. Out of nowhere it decides to bog on me and try to die while running and gives me a flashing SES. No issues on start up, but does not hold idle well. Scanned codes and got

P0300 Engine Misfire Detected
P0140 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0155 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 1
P0160 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0418 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay Control Circuit Bank 1
P0412 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Solenoid Relay Control Circuit Bank 1

Car has not had any tuning yet. Im guessing the p0300 is being caused by the p0155. Thats the pass side precat O2 if im understanding correctly. Is it as easy of a fix as a bad O2 sensor? I find it hard to believe that the car can run so horribly just from one bad O2.

p0140 and p0160 are the rears because they have not been tuned out or simmed.. and the p0418 and p0412 are the air codes because that system was deleted right? They shouldnt give me any driveability issues?

Cars a 01 Z28 with 85XXX miles. Plugs are only 3-4k old. None of the wires look burned or pinched... fuses look okay in both fuse blocks and in the dash. Im stumped
Old 07-06-2007, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be really helpful if you had a scanner to collect some data. Yes, the Sensor 2 errors are referencing the rear O2's. If you did not install them, the error codes will continue until corrected through the PCM. Same goes for the AIR system. If you removed it without turning off the errors, then the errors will continue to show up.

I would double/triple check everything with respect to the plug wires and physical installation regarding the P0300. There are some additional steps you can take to investigate/resolve this problem which can be found here.

It is easy to screw up the O2 wires when trying to extend. Seen it way too many times.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the front O2's are critical with respect to closed loop fueling. If you did anything other than buy pre-made extensions-there is your problem. Splicing, crimping, etc with O2 wires are a right out of the Helms manual no-no. I am not even going to go into why, just go buy some new uncut, unmolested O2's and extensions and you will be fine.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

would bad crimping of the o2s cause the p0300? What really kills me is that it ran fine for close to 300 miles and then started going out. I'll go pick up a set of the longer corvette rear o2s and give them a whirl. Hope that fixes my issues.