Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Upstate NY Newbie with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upstate NY Newbie with some questions

I have been looking to get a mid 90's camaro or firebird convertible for a while now as a fun/summer car with no luck locally(Binghamton area). I stumbled onto this site and apparently have a lot of reading to do

On the way home from work today I found a 1994 firebird formula convertible.
The dealer has it listed on cars.com which says it has 20467 miles, one owner Florida car with LT-1 EFI V8, automatic. ABS, Air Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, Bucket Seating, Cassette Radio, Cruise Control, Driver-Side Airbag, Leather Interior, **Low Mileage**, New Tires, One Owner, Passenger-Side AirBag, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster, Remote Alarm Control, Tilt Wheel, Tinted Glass

The link from the cars.com ad to the bluebook gives a max retail value of $7800. He is asking $15k, stating that is rare to find one in this shape with low miles.
Realistically what should this car go for?
if there is a better subforum for this question please let me know.
Thanks,
-Anthony
Old 07-06-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

15 seems like a lot, I mean it still has 20xxx miles on it..
Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Welcome

Almost double is too high, keep looking or wait I'm sure the price will drop if they really want to sell that car.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

WOW! Do not pay 15g's for an LT1 car regardless of how many miles are on it!! Go to autotrader.com. If you don't mind travelling a ways, you can get a nice 98+ (LS1) convertible for 15k or less. BTW, don't be afraid to buy an LS1 car with miles on it if you want to save a few bucks, I bought my wife's SS with 94000 miles on it and it's one of the strongest running stock f-bodies I've driven. The dealer with the Formula has a LARGE markup in that car, believe me!