Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust question

Hey guys, don't want to annoy anyone with a repeated question here so I did some searching first. I got my magnaflow put on last week and I'm looking into some pacesetter long tubes. I think I want to take out the cats and get an ory. I was just wondering what exactly I have to buy besides the headers and y pipe. 02 simulators? And can a shop install them fine? I just wanna do setup all in one shot to save some money.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

you might want to buy some new gaskets or use the ones from stock because the copper ones from pacesetter can have some issues on sealing. You only need the rear o2 sims and extensions. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head anyone else can chime in with things i've missed.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

O2 sims and extensions, exhaust manifold gaskets, I would go ahead ahead and change the plugs and wires as well. If you have the stock intake you'll need something to plug the egr port on the intake unless you plan on keeping the emissions.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

find a o2 sim 1st also good luck