Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam tuning questions

My tuner us telling me that to correct the P0300 Random Multiple Missfire code, that point has to be deleted all together. Is this correct? Also it does seem like I do have a miss at idle but I can't find out why. If this point is erased how would it affect my PCM? I told him that I noticed more of a fuel smell now but he say's it's from the increased overlap. Seems to me like it's loading up from being too rich causing a miss-fire. He said also that he may even have to increase the fuel @ idle to control the idle speed. Does any of this sound right? I didn't know tuning a cam would be so involved, I just don't want my car to run like ****.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Timing at idle shouldn't require too much of a boost. I'm at ~23* with my 232/238 cam (112lsa) and target an idle AFR of low~high 15's. The right way to do it (IMO) is to dial in the tables that control your IAC. Also, you can increase the misfire tables so that you don't have to delete misfire detection. However, it is not uncommon for tuners to turn it off.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 07-10-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

sounds good 2 me