Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With My GMMG Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With My GMMG Exhaust

I bought this car with SLP LT's and SLP Ypipe, but the previous owner removed the cats and welded in an off road pipe. I don't like the sound that is made with the ORY/GMMG combo, too loud and very raspy at low RPM's, and want to put cats back in. My question is, do I need to put a certain kind of converter in there place (oval shaped) or can I get any cheap Universal High Flow Cat that is 3" in/out? I know I will have to have a shop weld them in, so I assume using stock cats are out of the question. But I don't want to spend $200 plus on cats.

My other option would be putting some kind of resonator in the intermediate pipe, but I don't think it would make enough difference.

Thanks in advance,

Travis
Old 07-10-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

don't do the resonator and if you can avoid it, don't do the cats...

buy a 24" classic chambered chambered muffler from Tim at EADPerformance.com ... he sells both the crimped (PowerStick) and the smooth (PowerPack) versions ... you can likely just use the PowerPack ... they're about 50 bucks.
Here: http://www.eadperformance.com/catalo...109024e4ae750e

Otherwise, he also has the best deals on the Magnaflow spun metallic cats at 90 bucks a pop ($180 for the pair) here: http://www.eadperformance.com/catalo...109024e4ae750e
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

I appreciate the help thanks.

Travis