Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which intake for my carbed combo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which intake for my carbed combo?

I've searched, but I'm not sure where my combo falls as far as mild/wild(I'm thinking in the middle). I have an 86 silverado that is getting a 6.0. It has a 226/228 cam and stock shortblock w/Katech rodbolts, and stock heads. The truck has been lightened - no A/C or ducting, no inner fenders,no wipers/motor, relocated battery,lightweight seat, no dash, no carpet/headliner/plastic trim, no mirrors, fiberglass hood(soon). It's going to be getting a fuel cell behind the axle soon too. I have a 3000 stall in a th350 and 4.56 gears. Tires are junk tires up front and 28/10.5/15 ET drags in back. Exhaust will be longtube headers into X-pipe and then Spintech race mufflers. I'm putting a carb on it(750DP). I'm not sure which intake to get. I plan to drive this on the street a lot, but I also want to put down some nice ET's. I'd like to be able to shift at 6700 or more if I have to, but like I said, the truck will see some street time too. Is a 3000 stall big enough to hang with a victor Jr? Which intake seems more suited to my combo? Do you guys have any suggestions for my combo that might make more sense? No, I'm not a dreamer, this is happening next week. I have the motor here in my livingroom and the truck is outside my bedroom...I'm just waiting on the motor mounts and crank spacer. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran a victor jr on my cam only (asa cam) 04 6.0 with a 750 holley hp.it had a 3000 stall with 3;42 gears and 26 11.50 15 et streets,it ran great with the victor.