Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Car retitleing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Car retitleing?

How difficult is it to get a vehicle retitled? Honestly I don't know the reason why it doesn't currently have a title, I'm going to run a carfax or something on the VIN to make sure it wasn't for a shady reason of course. Can the DMV tell me about a vehicle, or is something like carfax my best bet for this info?

I'd like to get a title for the vehicle, its a 3rd gen Camaro, which I would completely gut/cage, hopefully turbo LSx of some sorts, but I don't have any desire to tow it to the track down the road, would rather drive it there. Thanks for any help. -Corey
Old 07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow. Nobody???
Old 07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

call the DMV ( your local tax collector's office) and ask them to apply for a title. they will find out who the title's named in.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on why it doesnt have a title. If it is salvage, there are a couple types of salvage. Some salvage cars can be retitled, but some with Certificate of Destruction cannot. Or maybe it is stolen. Could just be a lost title. Every state has differant rules on this. Check with the DMV. Carfax can tell you where it was last titled.

Quick Reply: Car retitleing?