Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Is there a cam I can run on stock rockers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is there a cam I can run on stock rockers

I want a cam that has a noticable idle in my ls1 but I don't have the cash to bye a set of rockers right know is there a cam that will work for what I need I can aford a cam, springs, and pushrods but that will really tap me out on this project and I need to got it together to drive, but I've search here and looked at cams from thunder, comp, and gm and none of them say what you can run on stock rockers I'm hoping everyone on here isn't going to say thats because you can't run any decent cam on stock rockers but this is what I fear
Old 07-19-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah ...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by twisselman1968
I want a cam that has a noticable idle in my ls1 but I don't have the cash to bye a set of rockers right know is there a cam that will work for what I need I can aford a cam, springs, and pushrods but that will really tap me out on this project and I need to got it together to drive, but I've search here and looked at cams from thunder, comp, and gm and none of them say what you can run on stock rockers I'm hoping everyone on here isn't going to say thats because you can't run any decent cam on stock rockers but this is what I fear

I run my torquer 2 on stock rockers... with heads too.. No problems here. Heres a list of what you need......

LS6 oil pump
LS2 timing chain
Hardened push rods
Water pump (if its below a 2001 with more than 40k miles)
Your choice of cam
Springs, retainers, seats

^^ and alot of patience if ur installing it urself.

you dont need aftermarket rockers for a cam lol. i dunno where u heard that from!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Addict

you can run any size cam you want with the stock rockers.the only down side to the stock rockers is sometimes they lose their bearings, i don't know if it is mileage related or not.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:00 PM
FormerVendor

we can always do the stock rebuild on your rockers it is cheaper than aftermarket rockers and will not come apart with your cam.

Nate
Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to give you an idea about how stout the "ls1" rocker is, i ran them on old 408 with a 257-266 cam with about .646 lift, i ran that motor up to 7300 rpm everytime i drove it. i wouldnt suggest doing that without a bearing mod.....but it gives you a idea of how stout they are. now i cant say the same thing about the ls7/l92 rockers, they seem to have a different (even worse) bearing then the ls1 rockers

Quick Reply: Is there a cam I can run on stock rockers