Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

handheld tuner VS laptop

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default handheld tuner VS laptop

so i have been looking into tuners and such for a couple months now and i am rather confused aboutthe whole thing. i have found a hand help tuner that will play iwth the speed limiter, skip shift eliminator, fuel and spark curve, speedo changes, etc. it is made by crane cams and it says i can do updats on it all though i dont knw wwhat thjose updates would be/ also it says it can be used as a scaning tool.
no w i have also been confused by teh hp tuners and a JET type tuner that do teh same things as the hand held one it seems. i maybe wrong but to this newb its all the same to me. i have searched that forum on computer tuining and didn't want to bother them with anewb question so i came here. tiem is of the essence to since i am getting home and off of deployent in liek 43days. may seem like i have alot of time to research to ya'l but when you have been out here for 6months alreay and counting down teh days... 43 days is just not enough it seems. i know some one will have good answers so i come to u all knowlegable ones. give me your answers
Old 07-21-2007, 02:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honestly there is no comparison....to put it briefly

you cant do near as many things with a handheld as you can software....the prices are near the same also....i suggest you look at the handheld websites and then go to efi live and check out their website....youll see the difference yourself...
Old 07-21-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do so much more with the software over the handheld. You are just going to have to be careful and not blow your stuff up, as the handheld will have less chance of that.

Have you tried posting in the tuning section with your questions? No question is a dumb question, unless it has been asked 1000 times. I would do a search first.