Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Is Going Crazy!!!!!!!??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Is Going Crazy!!!!!!!??????

I had my car tuned a couple of days ago after an H/C/I swap. I drove the car about 700mi before the tune with out any problems. Of course I didn't take up past 2,500rpm because I didn't know what A/F was like. Well after getting the car home after the tune I pull it off the trailer and about 20min of driving it went crazy. The RPM's stay at 6,000 some times and at other times they stay at 3,000. Then the codes starting popping up P0106, P0122, & P0123. I thought at first may be I had a vacuum leak but did not find anything and this 6,000 - 3,000 thing only happens every other start up. I'll be checking my voltage today for the TPS to see what I come up with but all the wires going to it look good. But I was just wondering if something in the tune would be causing this because the only code I had before the tune was for the O2 on the driver side which I replace before I had it tuned. Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks in advance

Rob

Last edited by ttboydfw; 07-21-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ttboydfw
I had my car tuned a couple of days ago after an H/C/I swap. I drove the car about 700mi before the tune with out any problems. Of course I didn't take up past 2,500rpm because I didn't know what A/F was like. Well after getting the car home after the tune I pull it off the trailer and about 20min of driving it went crazy. The RPM's stay at 6,000 some times and at other times they stay at 3,000. Then the codes starting popping up P0106, P0122, & P0123. I thought at first may be I had a vacuum leak but did not find anything and this 6,000 - 3,000 thing only happens every other start up. I'll be checking my voltage today for the TPS to see what I come up with but all the wires going to it look good. But I was just wondering if something in the tune would be causing this because the only code I had before the tune was for the O2 on the driver side which I replace before I had it tuned. Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks in advance

Rob

Did you ever get it fixing? I'm having similar issues.

Barry
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
FormerVendor

What's your manifold vacuum at idle, and is it fluctuating?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shooter
Did you ever get it fixing? I'm having similar issues.

Barry

No I haven't found anything yet. I replaced the TPS and my MAP sensor. The car now idles at 3,000rpms and the slowly drop to 1,100. I'm leaning more towards the tune. I'm not sure of what to check next. I still get P0122 and P0106.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like a throttle cracker issue.{tuning} to much idle airflow will causing a hanging idle
Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well I received my computer back from TSP and all I can say is Holy ****!!! Well all the codes I was throwing before are all taken care of P0106,P0122,P0123,&P0156. The problem was some the computers fault. But most of it came from my throttle body. The throttle blade was slipping on the shaft and that was causing to much air to come in and run at 3,000rpms. But now the car runs even better than before. My 1st gear is useless and now 2nd also and that’s running on my Pro stars ET DR. Before it felt like lost a lot of my bottom end tq but not now. Wish me luck I hope it holds up. I'll take it to the track next week. A big thanks to Jason at TSP