New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel tank question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel tank question

Hello, Im the proud owner of a 1971 Monte Carlo that is getting an LS6 transplant. My question is do we have to make any mods to the fuel delivery system? I just read an article in Super Chevy magazine that said the biggest problems were with the fuel delivery. It says it is absolutely necessary to update your fuel system including tank. Now I do realize as the article says to use 1/2 inch to 5/8 fuel line with no 90 bends. What I need to know is what needs to be done with the tank itself. Is a good cleaning enough or do I need a new tank? And if cleaning is acceptable then what would be the best process? Unfortunatley Im not a mechanic but Im trying to gain as much knowledge on the build 1. to know my car, and 2. to make sure hes doing it right. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chris
Old 07-22-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id go ahead and go with an aftermarket fuel kit....say racetronix or walboro....with the wiring kit....this will save you problems in the future...a new tanks is not absolutely necessary....but you can go with a lighter tank...99 or newer