Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SLP Ultra Z Hood?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Ultra Z Hood?

Can anyone tell me about this hood: install,pics,anything?
Old 05-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Default Re: SLP Ultra Z Hood?

I have it and it is a great looking hood.

The air flow to the airbox is WAY better than an SS hood or any other hood for that matter, but there is room to improve on. So I did.

I made the proper measurements and started cutting away on the inside of the hood. I made the holes coming out of the hood bigger to match my WS6 air box, and took out the rain blocker. When it rains, I jsut stick a piece of circular foam in my airbox that lets air in through a hole the size of a quarter.

As far as fit and finish, finish is great, but the fit could be better. It was a little high on the sides compared to the fenders, but I adjusted it a little more than was required and it sat nicely. Still maybe 1 or 2mm high.

And for the pics, check out my sig. Better yet, check out the pic at the end of this post.

I currently have one that I'm trying to sell. It was involved in a wreck, but it's nothing a good shop can't fix. Hardly any damage on the outside, but the two layers of fiberglass separated on the underside. Let me know if you're interested.

Old 05-16-2003, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine went on pretty good..

Old 05-16-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Like everybody else, I love it. Make sure to get it aligned right and let it sit in the sun to "bake" and kind of mold itself to your car. My car was pretty messed up from an accident, so I don't have a perfect fit. But it does look awesome. Also fully functional. My father-in-law used to work at SLP and said it does get you some more horses at the top end. Usually companies try to sell you "10-15 HP", but this time, it's true. Ya gotta get one. Check out my sig, you'll see.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help, hard to believe how good it looks on all types of camaros . I'm gonna put one on mine as soon as possible(with some clear lenses and sub connectors, of course) Know anything about a "ram air" setup to complement it?

Quick Reply: SLP Ultra Z Hood?