General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leaking AC.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking AC.

Havent had AC for about a year and I decided Id try to recharge it yesterday and see what could be wrong.

Well after charging it I let it run and checked the guage after about 3 minutes only to see that it was back at 0.
I charged it once more and turned the car off and I heard a loud hissing up near where the PCM goes.

Turns out it is leaking somewhere up there...anyone have any idea what it could be? I couldnt tell from looking at it and didnt have hte funds to go buy another $10 bottle with UV crap in it.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When refrigerant leaks you'll also get an oily residue - think you need to get a can with the dye to pinpoint the leak.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had the same kind of problem but my A/C just blew hot air and noticed there was a little bit of a leak under my car. i thought it was anti freeze casue it was the same color but i took my car in to get fixed and they said that something was rubbing against one of the A/C tubes and finally rubbed a hole into the line so thats why my A/C didn't work and why it was leaking. So 700 dollars later now my A/C works.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crapyboy750
i had the same kind of problem but my A/C just blew hot air and noticed there was a little bit of a leak under my car. i thought it was anti freeze casue it was the same color but i took my car in to get fixed and they said that something was rubbing against one of the A/C tubes and finally rubbed a hole into the line so thats why my A/C didn't work and why it was leaking. So 700 dollars later now my A/C works.

Yikes ! ! !

Thanks for the info for sure!