Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can cause misfires like this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can cause misfires like this?

I have misfires on cylinders 2 and 6 constantly. I have monitored it with Atap at idle and all the other cylinders aren't as bad. I swapped the plug wires on them to make sure I had the coil wiring right (I messed up the wiring when I did a coil relocation, as in which plug went to which cylinder). It starts fine and sits idling fine for about 10 seconds, then I hear loud popping that isn't constant and sounds like it did when I had the coil pack wiring messed up. But it isn't constant, which leads me to believe it is only cylinders 2 and 6. The coil on #6 is new too. I don't think there is any arcing, but I could be wrong. I have them relocated with the Jay Fisher kit. Could them being too close to the fuel rail be causing a problem, could that be an arc point? Any clues what it coule be? Thanks a lot!! This is the only thing keeping my car down now.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: What can cause misfires like this?

it could be arcing of it, try and spray a mist of water around those cylinders and see if you see an arc or here it get worse.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:02 PM
TECH Veteran

sorry to go off subject here, but how do you like your TCS 4200?
Old 05-18-2003, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

I like the 4200, I didn't get to track test it before I installed the cam though. It's a very tight converter with the 2.7 STR.

ttt