Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would tuning do this

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would tuning do this

well, i got my car back yesterday from having a custom pump made for the tranny (4l60e) and the engine was running fine.. until this morning. The SES light started flashing so i turned around and took it back home.. it seems to have lost power and runs really rough.. and it also won't shift into OD?? this was working properly yesterday (which is the first time on the road in my car since last November. It is still tuned for a b1 cam, 3.23's & 17" wheels. Now i have 3.73's, 15" wheels and a stocker 6.0l cam.. i had one other problem (that i jerry rigged to fix) my now stock TB wasn't opening the blade all the way due to, to much slack in the throttle cable, i have that worked out and it opens all the way now.. but it will only rev up or goto full throttle when it's in nuetral?? as soon as i throw it in gear and go.. it just sounds bad and doesn't have any power.

did the computer re-learn all the diff. in tuning?? and why wouldn't it shift to OD and flash the SES light. I haven't had a chance to auto-tap it to find out what the flashing SES light is yet, but really not sure why all the sudden it won't shift to OD (yesterday, everytime it would shift to OD at 53mph)

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
devin.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: would tuning do this

get ATAP results and post them. Sounds mechanical rather than tuning. Check for misfires by cylinder too.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:03 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: would tuning do this

Just off the cuff, but always look at thee last thing changed. I'll bet you are getting a Tranny code and its gone into limp home. Checking the trans would be my top priority.

Ryan K.