Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How the $%#@ do you get front turn signals out?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How the $%#@ do you get front turn signals out?!?

OK, did a search, came up with nothing. How the hell do you get these out? Tried from the bottom for about 30 freaking minutes got pissed and gave up. Unbolted everything, three 7mm bolts from the clears, and even tried bending the hell out of them, but can't get them out. I have a '99 SS, if that install is any different than the LT1's. I noticed on a couple posts they said about taking out the headlights, but there are like 5-6 bolts that hold it in, I really don't want to have to take the headlight out, any easier way? HELP.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: How the $%#@ do you get front turn signals out?!?

Take the 10mm bolt out of the headlight where the bracket goes to the radiator support. Push the headlight in towards the center of the car, and lift out. You only have to remove the wiring from the lights and remove one bolt to remove the headlights, do not remove the 5 or 6 bolts, you don't need to remove the light from the bracket, the whole assembly comes out all at once. Takes like 5-10 minutes per side to remove headlights, change corner lenses, and replace the headlights. I'll try and find a link for ya in a minute...
Old 05-18-2003, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a link, the arrow points to the bolt that you have to remove (the bolt on the back of the headlight, at the end of the bracket that the top arrow points to)

Link: http://www.boomspeed.com/blubeast/resizedAUT_0382.jpg
Old 05-18-2003, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, taking out the headlights is the easiest way.. even easier if you remove the 5 push pins on the nose support (that way you have more play in getting the lights out)

Also possible to do it by going in through the trap doors below the turn signal lights.. best done on ramps on a lift though

Good luck..