Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler in the I pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler in the I pipe?

I recently installed AR longtubes with cats and I have a GMMG catback. The sound and performance is awesome, but I've been debating whether I shoud add something to the I to turn the volume down a notch. Any thoughts?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

I installed this power pack in mine, going "against the grain". Took all my rasp away, made the exhaust deeper and over 45mph you can barely hear my GMMG anymore.

Travis
Old 07-28-2007, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

I have true duals with sweet thunder mufflers (similar to those power packs). I wouldn't say that it's quiet though. This may be different if you are adding it in addition to the already existing mufflers in the factory location, however. I've also heard of guys using Borla XR-1 mufflers and Moroso Spiral Flow mufflers.

Be sure to check out:

http://www.ls1sounds.com
http://video.ls1tech.com

For sound clips. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did Travis, but maybe with a shorter length if they'll make one for me. Your setup sounds similar to the Braxton (SP?) chambered catback that pre-dated the GMMG. I just dont want to lose any HP by adding another chamber.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, they make a smaller version. It actually makes it the same as the Stainless works chambered catback, (the only exhaust known to man to cost more then the GMMG).