Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmm...what to mod next?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 07:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmm...what to mod next?

I currently have a 2001 camaro SS, 6-speed, 60,000 miles, and it has an SLP lid and SLP Loudmouth 1 cat-back. I'm trying to decide which route I want to take in modding it. My ultimate goal is a TR224 cam/head combo with bolt-ons and a new rear.

Where should I go first? I'm trying to decide between the 3 options...

- Sub-frame Connectors and short throw shifter
- Pacesetter Headers and ORY, but on average how much do header installs cost?
- I was considering 4.10's, but I've heard good and bad things about them

I know the Headers/ORY would be the most costly of the 3, but i'm trying to decide if I should just save my money by not buying sub-frame connectors, the short-throw shifter, and 4.10's and just putting that money towards the Header/ory purchase.

OR if you guys have some suggestions, maybe doing something completely different than what I have listed..

This is just a weekend and nice day car, OCCASIONALLY driven to work, and will probably see some track time.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go for the Pacesetters and ORY because horsepower is the name of the game
Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Go with the exhaust first. Or do what I am doing... Garaging all the parts and going BIG this winter. Gives ya time to put the money away and its easier to get garage/tuning time.

Besides I got this punk *** teen in a 01 TA down the block that has ghetto exhaust, CAI that thinks cause his car is LOUD its faster... Cant wait to roll it out the garage next summer and SMOKE his ***, even tho I could now.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
Go with the exhaust first. Or do what I am doing... Garaging all the parts and going BIG this winter. Gives ya time to put the money away and its easier to get garage/tuning time.

Besides I got this punk *** teen in a 01 TA down the block that has ghetto exhaust, CAI that thinks cause his car is LOUD its faster... Cant wait to roll it out the garage next summer and SMOKE his ***, even tho I could now.

I don't understand what you mean by "garage the parts." How would this affect how much money I spend?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

My vote goes to putting in full exhaust as well. Header installs usually cost 300-500
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Ya I would say go full exhaust also. I have everything else listed but nothing I have so far was as fun as getting a new, louder exhaust tone. Also the feel is ALOT different from stock exhaust to Headers/ ORY.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

First off, by me putting the parts I have already purchased in the garage, and saving my money for more parts, its going to let me take an almost stock car, and in one swoop, doing the mods I want. Saving me multiple tunes, pulling the car apart multiple times. The end result is ALL the parts going on at once for a huge HP and fun factor gain. But the waiting is hard... My only saving grace is that I can enjoy it this summer without working on it all weekend. Cause thats the only time I really have to work on it.

When my car goes under the knife, its getting all the parts your talking about, except gears. Heads and Cam, and a few other supporting goodies. I will run that set up either until I break something, or until next winter, and then do it again. Probably more drivetrian related tho... IE trans, Rearend, and suspension...

I enjoy driving it when its nice, and being out enjoying the weather. When its crappy I will work on it.

But If I just HAD to do something, it would probably be exhaust. Biggest SOTP gain.... Plus a great basis for other mods to come.